NOTE: The Chia Pudding has to be prepared ahead of time and needs a good night’s sleep in the refrigerator before serving.
Although Mason Jars seem to be the rage these days everything from shot glasses to storing and serving this dish, we prefer to scooping the Pudding into bowls, rather than serving it straight from the jar. Your choice though…
In a Mason Jar or other glass container, combine and mixed well the following
1 cup of unsweetened organic almond milk
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Refrigerate the Pudding overnight, remove from fridge, mix well to eliminate any clump;
- Purée ½ banana OR ½ peeled peach OR 2 tablespoon of fresh mango;
- Mix in puréed fruit;
- Spoon Pudding into breakfast bowls and serve.
- Optional: You may top Pudding with berries, nuts, a shake or two of cinnamon powder, and-OR sweetened chocolate powder or shaved dark, semi-sweet chocolate.
Energizing Breakfast Food or Dessert:
- Chia Seed Pudding provides a high nutrition quotient that tops the charts with • Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Iron and lots of