(NOTE :Super-economical Triple Recipe—yields one abundant “Party Dip” & two vegan multi-portion side dishes to be served with pasta or other entrées.)
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 bunch “Dino”-Kale
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 baby bok-choy
- ½- cup fresh Italian parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon dried basil)
- ½-tablespoon dried dill
- 2 pinches of coriander
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1-2 pinches of powdered ginger
- a pinch of thyme
- 1/3-teaspoon sweet red paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- ½ a medium size red onion
- 4-5 cloves of fresh garlic
- ¼ -cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (or more if needed) of organic veggie broth (or water)
- 1 cup (or more, if flavor demands) of Plain Goat Yogurt
- Indian Naan bread (herb or garlic), or other flat bread—or, if preferred, tortilla chips or crackers
Cooking & Preparation:
- Cut acorn squash in half & scoop out & discard the seeds.
- Fill a big pot with 3-4 inches of water & place squash halves side-by-side, face down in the water; cover pot & set stove burner to ‘high’ until water boils, then lower heat to ‘medium’ & cook until squash is soft enough to insert a fork easily through the skin.
- Remove acorn squash halves from water, let cool, then peel & divide—one half to be refrigerated for future meals (as a side-dish), while the other half goes into blender.
- Wash kale & remove from hard stems (spines)—ending with shredded leaves.
- Wash bok-choy, separate leaves & cut large ones into 2-3 pieces.
- Wash fresh parsley, watercress & basil & shred or remove from main (but not the smaller) stems. (You may keep the watercress stems on, but then it is best to chop before cooking.)
- Chop onion coarsely & sweep it from cutting board into a big pot. Add the olive oil, mix well, turn stove burner to a bit lower than medium (olive oil is a low-heat fat) & sauté slowly, mixing it now & then, until it turns glassy.
- Chop the garlic; add to onion, mix & sauté together for about 10 more seconds
- Add all greens (kale, bok-choy, watercress, fresh parsley & basil) to pot that contains sautéed onion & garlic; mix well to coat greens with them & the olive oil; keep mixing for 3-4 seconds then…
- Add half of the veggie broth (or water); mix well; cover pot & cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Add broth or water as needed, while the greens cook, so they don’t burn, & to have some sauce when they are cooked.
- Mix herbs dill & other dry herbs (including parsley & basil if fresh are not available) & spices in a plate & add to greens; add the Worcestershire sauce & apple cider vinegar & mix well.
- Cover pot & cook until all greens are still crunchy but wilted & easy to chew.
- (See entertaining “Dip Into The Dip” video at: