Elegant Caviar Appetizer — Easy to prepare, this tantalizing prelude to lunch or dinner sparks appetites and elicits compliments whether
it graces a holiday table for many or an intimate meal for two.
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 ounces spreadable goat cheese
• 1 small red onion—diced
• 1 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley—finely chopped
• ½ teaspoon each of rosemary and thyme
• 4 hardboiled eggs—chopped
• 2 ounces of caviar (salmon, lumpfish or other roe of your
choice) per 4-6 servings
Brush the baguette slices (also known as crostini) with oil and toast in the oven, a pan or on the grill until golden.
Blend goat cheese with herbs and spread on the crostini. Top with a sprinkling of red onions, eggs and a dollop of caviar.