Since the following is one of our ‘Jazz’ (i.e. improvised) recipes, its herbs-and-spices flavoring can be adjusted to please your taste.
(Lemon Chicken, quinoa, mixed green vegetables and leafy greens-all organic)
- Wash sink well with liquid soap.
- Put a clean, empty, large (preferably glass) bowl near the sink.
- Take chicken thighs out of their wrapper and place them in the clean sink.
- Wash every piece well by hand and place rinsed chicken into the bowl.
- When finished, pour water accumulated in the bowl on the chicken into the sink.
- Move bowl to work-place counter, next to cutting board (preferably wood) and sharp knife.
- Wash sink again with liquid soap to make sure no bacteria was left behind by the raw chicken in case you’ll need to use the sink again.
- When the chicken has been marinated, placed in the baking pan and is in the oven, wash the bowl, all the utensils that have been used and YES, the sink again, thoroughly, with liquid soap.
- Take out a large baking pan—PYREX or stainless steel. Pour ½ cup or more olive oil and spread it throughout the pan’s bottom and sides until they are well coated.
- Group all ingredients listed for this recipe on the counter, near the prep area
- For the sake of health and best nutrition, we prefer that only organic ingredients (listed below) be used in this recipe—and group them near prep area on the counter.
Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe
• 3 lbs. organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Cut each chicken piece into ‘nugget’-size pieces and return to bowl
- Prepare marinade in medium size mixing bowl
- Peal and chop 1-2 cups of organic red onion and add to cut up chicken
- Peal and chop 5-6 medium to large cloves of garlic and add to chicken
- Add ¾ cup organic extra virgin olive oil to chicken
- Squeeze and add 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to chicken
- Add 1/4 cup Dry Parsley;
1/4 cup Dry Basil;
1/4 cup Dry Tarragon;
1 heaping teaspoon Turmeric;
1/2 teaspoon powdered Red Paprika;
a pinch of Cayenne Pepper (or to taste);
1/4 teaspoon Powdered Ginger; and
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
To Marinate the Chicken
- Mix well until each piece is well coated with the herbs and spices of the marinade—if needed, add bottled spring water to make mixing and coating easier
- Cover and let the chicken marinate for one hour in a cool place
- Pour the marinated chicken into the baking dish and spread to cover the dish evenly
- Remove excess liquid (if any) to prevent overflow
- Spread organic (flavored, if available) breadcrumbs to cover all the chicken
For An Extra Kick—If You Fancy
- Buy a pack of organic, uncured Turkey Bacon
- Take it out of its package and slice it up into 1” size slices
- Spread the pieces apart and mix them well into the rest of the marinated chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake chicken for 1 hour—or longer if necessary, until the biggest pieces are soft enough to require little chewing.